Sorry, this position expired on 14.06.2021.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack machine learning developer to fill a senior role and join our start-up in its growth phase. We started small, working in Norway with clients like Bane Nor and Nye Veier, and have begun our international adventure with projects in India, Australia, Brazil, and more. You will be joining a vibrant and dynamic work environment where you will help us bring infrastructure development into the 21st century and where you will have some freedom to form your own role as we grow.
As a full-stack machine learning developer at EMerald Geomodelling, your main role will be to actively drive ML-algorithm development work improving EMerald’s modeling pipeline, including but not limited to:
- selecting, testing, and implementing ML algorithms
- physics-driven data exploration (hybrid modeling) and feature engineering
- precision, accuracy assessment & improvement
- sensitivity analyses
We also expect you to:
- contribute to client projects by implementing ML algorithms
- provide strategic input to EMerald’s research and development plan as part of the Research and Development Team
- communicate closely with operations teams to target algorithm development directions
- communicate development results to peers and clients in writing and orally
What we are looking for:
- higher education in Information Technology, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or similar fields
- minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with implementing ML to real-world challenges
- solid background in algorithm testing, implementation, and customization
- minimum 5 years of experience with Python programming
- excellent collaboration and communication skills
You will fit right in at EMerald if you:
- are motivated by the broader impact of your work on society
- are inquisitive, curious, and self-driven
- consider yourself a team player with a strong ability to collaborate
- show mindfulness of cross-team dependencies and relationships while engineering solutions
- have a passion for clean, modifiable, and testable code
- see beauty in a well-crafted, efficient, streamlined dataflow
- show a mix of creativity and pragmatism when applying your skills
- have a knack for breaking complex tasks into smaller pieces
- can exploit different tools and approaches to solve a problem in many
What can we offer you?
Beyond a fair salary and insurance package, we offer a successful candidate an attractive workplace and working conditions. This includes:
- a significant position where your voice will be heard and where you will gain a sense of ownership for what you create
- more freedom than a typical large corporation
- work time and workplace flexibility in a post-covid-world
- a potential equity stake in a company on the verge of growth
At EMerald, we have summarized our core values trust, honesty and support, innovation and curiosity, and high ethical standards to three statements:
- Helping a colleague succeed is as important as the joy of personal success.
- The geotechnical industry is ripe for disruption.
- Do good things, and good things will happen to you.
For more information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 99 01 34 02.
About EMerald Geomodelling
EMerald Geomodelling is a spin-off from the Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI). Despite being a young company, founded in 2019, our business is built on a decade of research and development at NGI. We are creating a tool that revolutionizes the way we build roads, railways, tunnels, and other types of infrastructure towards more sustainable use of resources. Using Machine learning to detect patterns and estimate uncertainties, we provide critical insights early on in large building projects that help our clients make better decisions.
Why do we do this? Worldwide, building infrastructure costs billions of dollars. Too often, actual costs go way over budget. These extra billions spent are a huge burden on society. Our mission is to lessen that burden. By helping our clients build roads, railways, and tunnels with fewer costly interventions, we help free up funds for other worthy social and environmental goals.