Sorry, the position has been closed and it is no longer possible to apply for it.
Optime Subsea AS is a global industry expert on subsea services, subsea well access and subsea control systems. We maintain a vertically integrated portfolio with expertise offering subsea services offshore, subsea development, design, engineering and analysis as well as subsea products / systems and modular hyperbaric testing vessels. Our mission is to simplify subsea by developing products that enables the industry to reduce operational time, cost, and CO2 footprint. As our company is expanding both in Norway and internationally, we are searching for more people to join our team.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for several qualified candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary professionals who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
We are searching for a resource that has experience within the subsea Oil & Gas industry, working in projects, with one or more specific engineering expertise, but willing to develop this expertise through on the job training and interaction, while maintaining a high level of energy and taking pride in delivering high quality results with a desire to grow its technical expertise further.
- Use FEA simulations to decide and drive mechanical design solutions
- Use Simulation X (or similar) to decide and drive electric-/hydraulic solutions
- Select appropriate materials and components for the relevant application
- Interpreting and use customer specifications, industry standards, extracting and understanding these requirements
- Create and review specifications, drawings, design reports etc for production
- Be part of design and risk-reviews.
- The role will include workshop onsite support, as well as supporting third parties
- Higher education like master or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge in international standards and system requirements within subsea O&G e.g. NORSOK, ISO/API or ASME section VIII for pressurized equipment
- Use numerical simulation tools such as Abaqus, Flexcom, SimulationX or similar
- Understand product and system failure modes
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
Key Personal Qualities
- You must be able to work independently, be flexible and solution oriented
- You deliver on-time and are result oriented
- You work structured and maintain good overview
- You must be flexible to both work with different customers and different work tasks
- You should have in depth theoretical mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical knowledge, while also use this as a tool for applied practical work
- Ability to learn and develop your skills
If you want to work with an extraordinary team challenged to simplify subsea – we want to hear from you! Please apply with updated CV, motivational letter, diplomas and relevant certificates.
Optime Subsea emphasis on ensuring diversity in the company by taking into account gender, age and cultural background under recruitment.