Sorry, this position expired on 15.06.2022.
Optime Subsea is a global industry expert on subsea services, subsea well access and subsea control systems. We maintain a vertically integrated portfolio with expertise offering subsea services offshore, subsea development, design, engineering, and analysis as well as subsea products / systems and modular hyperbaric testing vessels. Our mission is to simplify subsea by developing products that enables the industry to reduce operational time, cost, and CO2 footprint. As our company is expanding both in Norway and internationally, we are searching for more people to join our team.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary people who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
Optime is seeking a resource that has experience within Software Engineering in the subsea oil and gas industry, working in projects, with one or more specific engineering expertise, but willing to develop this expertise through on the job training and interaction, while maintaining a high level of energy and taking pride in delivering high quality results with a desire to grow its technical expertise further.
- Be responsible for:
- Interpretations of software-related customer requirements and specifications.
- Defining software-related requirements towards Optime systems.
- Specify, develop, and maintain Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) used by operators on- and offshore to control our systems.
- Specify, develop, and maintain project specific software; interface drivers, test setups, scripts etc.
- Software integration, testing, and verification at several stages of the project process.
- Work in a growing team for further developing and maintaining the Optime proprietary CW-software suite.
- Contribute to establishing key processes, documentation, and overall environment for the current, and future expansion of the software department.
- Cooperate with design team managing both electronics, software, and mechanical integration for new development of products and system.
- Production support and documentation
- Provide offshore support when necessary
Key Personal Qualities
- Positive attitude and proactive behaviour - takes initiative and contributes actively to team projects.
- Strong sense of responsibility. Sets goals and manages priorities; can be relied upon to deliver on what is planned.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks or projects while being adaptable and responsive to change.
- Seeks innovation, is resourceful and solution orientated.
- Engineering degree (Master/Bachelor) within Software Engineering/Computer Science or similar.
- Proven work experience can be assessed in the absence of formal education.
- Good knowledge and experience within one/more of the following (or other OOP languages):
- Interest in UI/HMI applications and functional software
- Fluent Norwegian and English communication skills
Valued skills and experience:
Experience developing distributed systems and large-scale, secure, and resilient services.
Experience in software development processes (Agile, SCRUM, etc.).
Experience within the field of electronics.
Cloud/Data application development and management.
Service-related experience within the software field.
If you want to work with an extraordinary team challenged to simplify subsea – we want to hear from you! Please apply on our webpage www.optimesubsea.com with updated CV, motivational letter, diplomas, and relevant certificates.
Optime Subsea emphasis on ensuring diversity in the company by taking into account gender, age, and cultural background during recruitment.