Sorry, this position expired on 15.10.2023.
Optime Subsea AS has, over the past 8 years, transformed the Oil & Gas industry with its innovative capabilities and forward-thinking approach to business operations. We have introduced several new standards in the way oil wells are installed, maintained, and plugged. This has resulted in significantly safer and faster operations for our operators. Through our technology we contribute to a significant reduction in CO2 emissions compared to traditional equipment.
Since our inception in 2015, we have grown to over 100 employees with specialists in all fields. Now, we are ready to take our company to the next level. We now have the expertise and strength to develop the next generation of O&G solutions and aim to make a significant impact on the industry. Our future initiatives means that we need skilled new colleagues who want to change the industry forever, and we want you to be part of the team.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Designer for the Technology Department motivated to take part in the next big innovation within subsea Oil & Gas. As a Mechanical Designer within the Technology Department of Optime Subsea, you will attain a work in a multi-disciplinary team and be responsible for mechanical design of innovative projects aimed to set new industry standards. You will be at the technical forefront of technology and have an important role in the technological development of Optime Subsea.
You are a creative problem-solver and can look at challenges from different angles. You take active part in the deduction of solutions and thrive when working in an environment where things aren’t always clear. In technical discussions within your field of expertise you are resolute and can attain a leading role to reach goals. You take pride in your quality of work and take ownership of your discipline.
As a Mechanical Designer in the Technology Department, you will be an important part of multi-phased technology innovation projects, taking part in all life-cycle phases of innovative products. You will step into a high-paced environment and be expected to work closely with other project participants and report progress to external clients.
- Work in an environment with good headspace to deduce the best solutions to design challenges
- You will be responsible, through the use of 3D CAD tools, to the design of system, sub-system, and components in technology innovation studies and projects.
- You will be responsible for fabrication documents from design artifacts.
- You will contribute to processes related to field of expertise.
- Higher education required. Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant field is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
- Expertise in 3D CAD tools (Siemens NX is a bonus)
Key Personal Qualities
- Independent – Ability to manage own time and produce results
- Efficient – You work effectively and enjoy iterations via dialog with stakeholders
- Quality Oriented – Have the ability to understand requirements and design solutions of high quality
- Adaptable – Be comfortable with change and creative when iterating own work.
- Reliable and Structured – Delivery on time with high quality results.
Optime is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on age, gender or cultural background.