Sorry, this position expired on 15.10.2023.
Optime Subsea AS has, over the past 8 years, transformed the Oil & Gas industry with its innovative capabilities and forward-thinking approach to business operations. We have introduced several new standards in the way oil wells are installed, maintained, and plugged. This has resulted in significantly safer and faster operations for our operators. Through our technology we contribute to a significant reduction in CO2 emissions compared to traditional equipment.
Since our inception in 2015, we have grown to over 100 employees with specialists in all fields. Now, we are ready to take our company to the next level. We now have the expertise and strength to develop the next generation of O&G solutions and aim to make a significant impact on the industry. Our future initiatives means that we need skilled new colleagues who want to change the industry forever, and we want you to be part of the team.
We are currently looking for a Controls Engineer for the Technology Department motivated to take part in the next big innovation within subsea Oil & Gas. As a Controls Engineer within the Technology Department of Optime Subsea, you will take part in the delivery of innovative projects aimed to set new industry standards. You will be at the technical forefront of technology and have a key role in the technological development of Optime Subsea.
You understand the big picture through a strong technical background and can integrate multi-disciplinary ideas towards a common technical goal. When facing a challenge, you are creative in solving it. You are organized and enjoy working in an environment where things aren’t always clear. You have relevant experience within one or several fields of engineering and are familiar with common standards and regulations within well access and subsea control systems.
As a Controls Engineer in the Technology Department, you will be a key part of multi-phased technology innovation projects, taking part in all life-cycle phases of innovative products. You will step into a high-paced environment and be expected to work closely with clients.
- You will be responsible for requirement definition and verification of control systems, working in the intersection between electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic engineering.
- You will be responsible for understanding system inputs, outputs and behaviours to design topologies and controllers for new control systems.
- You will be responsible for the development of control system artifacts (topologies, diagrams, state machines, modes of operation etc.)
- You will work closely with others to bring together and integrate several disciplines such as Electrical, Electronics, and Software in control system design.
- You will be responsible for the identification and closure of technical risks related to control systems.
- Higher education required. Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant field is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
- Good knowledge of DNV-RP-A0203
- Experience in relevant API and ISO standards
Key Personal Qualities
- Systemic – Identify challenges, synthesize information and deduce solutions based on facts
- Resolute – Engage with internal and external stakeholders to make key technical decisions
- Adaptable – Be comfortable with change in context or requirements
- Reliable and Structured – Delivery on time with high quality results.
Optime is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on age, gender or cultural background.