Optime Subsea AS has, over the past 8 years, transformed the Oil & Gas industry with its innovative capabilities and forward-thinking approach to business operations. We have introduced several new standards in the way oil wells are installed, maintained, and plugged. This has resulted in significantly safer and faster operations for our operators. Through our technology we contribute to a significant reduction in CO2 emissions compared to traditional equipment.
Since our inception in 2015, we have grown to over 100 employees with specialists in all fields. Now, we are ready to take our company to the next level. We now have the expertise and strength to develop the next generation of O&G solutions and aim to make a significant impact on the industry. Our future initiatives means that we need skilled new colleagues who want to change the industry forever, and we want you to be part of the team.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer within the Electrical Engineering discipline for the Technology Department motivated to take part in the next big innovation within subsea Oil & Gas. As a Project Engineer within the Technology Department of Optime Subsea, you will attain a technical role and take part in the delivery of innovative projects aimed to set new industry standards. You will be responsible for the design, analysis, and implementation of advanced electrical systems. As part of the Technology Department, you will be at the forefront of technology and have an important role in the technological development of Optime Subsea.
You have a strong technical interest and background. When facing a challenge, you are creative in deducing the solution. You are organized and enjoy working in an environment where things aren’t always clear. You have relevant experience within one or several fields of electrical engineering. You are comfortable attaining the role of subject matter expert and have confidence in your technical skills. You value teamwork and see that a multi-faceted discussion often brings the best solutions.
As a Project Engineer Electrical in the Technology Department, you will be part of multi-phased technology innovation projects, taking part in all life-cycle phases of innovative products. You will step into a high-paced environment and be expected to work iteratively – producing high-quality results as you go.
- You will be responsible for requirement definition and verification within Electrical Engineering.
- You will conduct design work in CAD-tools (Power and comms topologies, one-liners)
- You will conduct electrical analysis (Power calculations, Circuit analysis, capacity analysis, troubleshooting with oscilloscope etc.)
- You will be responsible for relevant documentation (assembly, test, maintenance etc.)
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team throughout a system life-cycle to ensure smooth integration and commissioning.
- Higher education required. Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant field is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of relevant CAD-tools (AutoCAD, Siemens Diagramming etc.)
Key Personal Qualities
- Systemic – Identify challenges, synthesize information and deduce solutions based on facts
- Adaptable – Be comfortable with change and creative in deducing new solutions
- Reliable and Structured – Delivery on time with high quality results.
- Innovative – Stays updated on trends and evolution within field of expertise. Strives for continuous self-improvement.
Optime is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on age, gender or cultural background.